Friday, May 1, 2009

Beyond Good and Evil (game)

Beyond Good and Evil
by Ubisoft, 2003
Xbox, PS2, PC
Rating: T

Summary:
When the world of Hyllis gets attacked from space, the Alpha Section—a military unit—repels the invaders. But as the Alpha Section gains more control, and the invaders never fully leave Hyllis, a group of citizens grows suspicious and rebellious. Among this group is a reporter named Jade, who uses her photography and her fighting skills to battle the Alpha Section. Players control Jade, moving through Hyllis and onto other planets in the quest to overthrow the Alpha Section and uncover the truth.

Review:
I loved playing Beyond Good and Evil, and have actually gone through it twice. I love console games that offer strong, fully-dressed female leads. Beyond Good and Evil also has a nice mix of adventure, combat and puzzles. The graphics are attractive and the characters have great voices. I hear a sequel is in the works, and hopefully that will draw attention to the original game. I’d recommend this game to everyone, from video-game newbies, to girl gamers, to anyone who loves action/adventure and puzzles.